Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Falling Stars

“When you forget me
When you don’t remember my name
Not even a memory
Somewhere in the back of your brain
I won’t be offended
‘Cause I always knew that the day
Would come when I’m not enough to make you stay”

-Falling Stars
(David Archuleta)

I recently bought David Archuleta’s album, The Other Side of Down. I personally thought his songs now, compared to his debut album- David Archuleta, are more personal. I close my eyes and I could feel him talking to me. I don’t know about you, but his songs make me feel like I’ve known him fully. Maybe it’s the use of “you”; it’s like conversing with him.

Have you tried listening to “Falling Stars” or “My Kind of Perfect” or “Something ‘bout Love”? That’s to proving my point.

In conversing with you, he makes you ponder on the lyrics, thus, inspiring you. I mean, it inspires me, I don’t know about you (again).

I miss David Archuleta. Not that I’ve known him personally, but I miss being his fan, I miss visiting his fan sites more often than I visit my Facebook. I miss playing “Barriers” and “Desperate” when I’m hopeless; “You Can” and “Angels” when I daydream. I miss staring at his face on the album cover when I’m not doing anything. I miss waiting patiently for his new video blog every other day.

I miss being a fan.

David, I’m glad you came here to remind me of how enticed I am when you sing. I know you don’t know me. I practically drowned in the sea of your fans when you sang at sky dome, but that doesn’t change anything, I am a fan again. After two years, it’s your album that’s playing on repeat.

I sing because of you.

If ask what must be my absolute favorites song on the album, I’d say it’s “My Kind of Perfect”. It’s so dreamy and sincere. When you listen to it, you’ll feel like it’s just you, David and his piano. And if you’re a dreaming Cinderella, you might just imagine yourself being his “kind of perfect”.

“Falling stars” makes you feel David is saying goodbye. It made me cry. It really did! It made me feel guilty that I’ve been ashamed of being his fan. I hate those two years in college, where I always deny that I’m still a fan. I’m back.

And I didn’t forget you. I just pretended that I did.
I remember your name, your smile, and your songs.
Every memory is treasured and intact.
Your songs are enough to make me stay.
Yes, we will stay.
You’ll always be my star; you’ll never fall out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment